Shannon is a professional Mixed Martial Artist and San Diego native who has fought all over the world. In 2001, Shannon started training Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Muay Thai, which lead to his transition into MMA. Once his career record hit 10-2, he moved on to sign with the UFC. Gugerty made his Ultimate Fighting Championship debut in 2008 against then undefeated Dale Hartt, where he won by submission in the first round.
After a successful career as a UFC fighter, the veteran turned his aspirations towards the teaching of the sport and became the director of the MMA and Jiu Jitsu program at The Boxing Club in 2012, where he now focuses his passion on coaching the next generation of professional fighters.
- Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Black Belt
- Ultimate Fighting Championship Veteran
- Naga Hawaii 2009 Champion (Under 75 Kg)
- 2nd Place Grappling X Absolute Division 2011
- 6-0 Shootboxing Record
- 20+ Professional MMA Fights